Midwest Musings

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Weird Dream

I just woke up after having the strangest dream. I was in a home with Hispanic friends. I went into a bathroom to check on some dogs (2) and there was a huge cottom mouth snake. The dogs got out but the kids that were there didn't. The snake ate the baby and then ate the arm off the small child ( about age 2). Then all I wanted to do was sleep in a high place.

8 comments:

  1. What a great dream!! Here's what it means. The snake is the ancient symbol of the Goddess. This is a dream showing you how you are progressing on your spiritual path, and that it is coming along very nicely, but you have some anxiety about it, as we all do when confronted with spiritual change and progress. The Goddess ate the baby, meaning you are no longer a beginner on your spiritual path. She ate the arm of the toddler, because that's where you are now. You are no longer a "baby" Pagan; you are a "toddler" Pagan, and you are already moving far enough on that path that you have completed the first "arm" of it. Good news, yes?!

    High places are associated with spiritual enlightenment, and your desire to sleep in a high place simply means you are moving along nicely in your desire to become more learned along your spiritual Pagan path.

    See? That's a great dream, and you should feel very happy about it. Many blessings and faery xoxox to you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I hate dreams like that. But Laura has put a whole new spin on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea what makes us dream what we do, usually I have weird dreams after eating pizza late at night.

    I found your blog. I should add it to my list! Thanks for stopping by on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--that's quite a dream and it would have terrified me. I don't normally remember mine unless they are really vivid. I did have one the other night in which I was trying to talk to my husband and Mick Jagger was there whining on and on about how he didn't like his sandals 'cause one of his toes stuck out. I told him to tell it to the shoe store. So strange!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I will go with Laura Stamps version of the dream. I like it better. Hope you and yours have a blessed evening.
    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fear of being devoured whole! I have dreams like this too. Yes, the snake is spiritual but here it is a bit of a threat. Make peace with your fears and you won't be devoured.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spiritual Counselor Aisling Ireland, wrote about snake dreams. Check it out.
    www.bellaonline.com/site/dreams

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's quite a dream! I go through times where I have awful dreams for days on end, and then they subside.
    I like Laura's take on your dream.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from you!