Midwest Musings

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Still aching

Thank you all for your wonderful words. I love you all.

Dean passed away. I received the call from my mom last night. I've know Dean for as long as I can remember.

When my parents divorced, I was 4 or 5. Dean was there a lot for my mom. I was worried they would get married (my wee brain, I think hoped for a reconciliation between my parents). I told him years later when I was an adult. He just laughed and said "Oh, honey, I'm gay." (or something similar.)

I was telling my mom that story last night and much to my delight, he actually did ask my mom to marry him. He said they could take care of each other.

Now, I wished they had.

Maybe he wouldn't have been stuck in the shitty hospital, getting poor health care. My mom had to make several phone calls to the same hospital, to even find someone who knew he was there and what room. It's hard to know that someone you cared so much for had such hardships.

I wish I had a picture, but I don't know if we ever had any of Dean. I hope to find one to share.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your loss auntie kim, it's always so tough to lose someone you care for so much...my thoughts are with you

    love ya!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear of your loss. I have been out of the blogging loop for almost a year now due to personal stuff with the divorce. I closed down the Autumns Meadow blog but have opened a new one you can find it at
    Http://mylifeinthetrailerhood.blogspot.com
    come on by and visit me

    Patty aka autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from you!