Now music can be notoriously slow. So I flipped through the book and proceeded to read the dust jacket. The I started reading......
Granted, I am not that far into the book but it is already a fascinating read. Imagine taking a job at during the war. Not knowing where you were going or what you were going to do, just that you would be away from home and doing a job that would help the war effort.
Denise Kiernan has a great interactive website about her book and these amazing young women.
I usually don't buy a lot of hard cover books without reading a bit if it first. Something about this book spoke to me. Go check it out!


I had not heard of this book before but it looks really interesting. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThis book is on my vintage (history related) Amazon wish list. I recently receive an Amazon GC as a gift and am tempted to pick this title up for myself, too. Hope it's a great read for you, dear gal!
ReplyDelete♥ Jessica