OK, I can't necessarly say this is my favorite, but when I was little my mom taught me this poem and would have me recite it for people!
Bobby Shafto's gone to sea,
Silver buckles on his knee;
He'll come back and marry me,
Bonny Bobby Shafto!
Bobby Shafto's bright and fair,
Combing down his yellow hair;
He's my love for evermair,
Bonny Bobby Shafto
I remember that poem, Kim!
ReplyDeleteWhen is your wedding date? Got to mark it on my calendar to send you extra special good vibes!
cool poem..yeh...I need to know the date too. :)
ReplyDeleteNeat poem. Okay, third person to ask, When is the date? Inquiring minds want to know.
ReplyDeleteHave a good one.
Laura
Awww... We have a nursery rhymes book with this in it and the picture with it looks so much like my oldest son did when he was a toddler that I just always read this poem with his name in it.... thanks for the sweet memories.
ReplyDelete