Midwest Musings

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Ugh

Took Chloe to the vet. $300.00+ dollars later. *sigh* But the tests are necessary since she has Epilepsy. On top of the $191.00 two weeks ago for her normal shots and nail trim. We are officially BROKE.

But we did go to the grocery anyway and played mini-putt. Now our bellies are full with tater tots and sloppy joes.

I got most of the green peppers cut and frozen. I parboiled the tomatoes, peeled them and will chop them tomorrow. Then into the freezer. After that the beans.

Off to peruse my new Seasons of the Witch Calender!

7 comments:

  1. Uh oh, sorry about that. Beau had epilepsy but it didn't cost us much beyond the pills he took.

    What did cost us is when he ran into a tree branch and had to have eye surgery. He looked like an alien dog with tubes coming out of his eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am sorry your kitty is sick. That is an expensive vet bill, but we do what we can for our babies. I was about to ask you if you wanted to bid a $1.00 on my husband's kidney stone, but it sounds like you might need to sell soemthing yourself for the vet bill. hmmmm do you think kitty nuggets go for much now days ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh
    I hate it when the animal bills out strip the kids doctor bills...
    but then I am still paying on a concussion my little peanut got moths back.
    Dex is waiting in the wings for his last round of shots..
    the joys of mum hood...need to be robin hood these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it is so hard isn't it? I'm sorry to hear of the epilepsy, at least now you know and can do something about it.

    Financial crisis like this is so tough. I'm so glad it's summer because we couldn't afford to pay for our heating bills so I can really relate. I think I'm going to make sloppy joes tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an "Off Topic Comment" but...I seem to have lost my knack for posting/commenting in 'Blog Land,' for a while. All I do lately, is put up a few photos, here and there. I didn't plan on it... It just happened.

    And since I don't want anyone to think I got *uppity* or anything, :-) I'm leaving this comment, to explain my absence.

    I'm sure to be back in not too long. Can't keep a "Chatty Person" quiet, for too long. :-)

    Miss Mari-Nanci

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so totally relate to your dilemma - its the same with Trinity some times, although her issues are with her ears - it seems poodles are prone to ear problems, no matter how clean and hair free you try to keep them.

    But on the other hand, our fur babies are SO worth it!

    mich
    x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uhhhh I feel for you on the vet bill. We had to have our dog's dental bill spaced out over 4 months to afford the $400! I mailed your soap yesterday it should get there sometime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from you!