Midwest Musings

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

War

My cousin Bruce's son, my second cousin, Eric Fifer died in Iraq four years ago. Today was the four year anniversary of the day Bruce got that knock on his door that every parent fears.

This video is a wonderful tribute to our fallen. Eric is in the video, at the 1:11 mark.

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your family's, especially Eric's parents', loss, and grateful to Eric for his service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much loss. Blessings to you and your family on this sad anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there are not words to express the feelings.. the admiration, the fear, the anger... I know many in the armed forces.. Although I greatly respect and am thankful for their gift it hurts to see what they must go through.. My prayers are with you and yours... still....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from you!