Midwest Musings

Monday, March 12, 2007

Wilder's Cabin Replica, Kansas


After seeing Mikki's cabin, they will soon be living in, I had to post this photo. It is a replica of the cabin Laura Ingalls Wilder's family lived in, it is located in Kansas.

6 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet. So homey looking isn't it? I'm reading her series of books now, even though their for children they are very interesting for adults too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just too cool. I'd love to be able to head east sometime and see where she lived. But then again, there are many places I'd love to visit with historical significance!

    Thanks for signing up on the farm diva list =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice picture. worth enlarging. Looks small for a family. Guess they didn't go to thrift stores so didn't need the extra room.
    NANCY JO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it was very small. My had almost toughed the top and I am only 5'7 "!!

    I LOVE visitng historical places. I have been to many writers homes, Laaura's, Beatrix Pooter, Wordsworth...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what's sad? I live in Kansas and have never seen this! Kind of like living in Arizona and never seeing the Grand canyon...jeeeesh! Thanks for posting the pic hon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love it!!! I love the Little House series too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from you!