Midwest Musings

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Sushi

OK, I have had so many comments on my sushi, I will answer a few questions that have been posed to me.
1) No fish. The orange are carrots. These are actually classified as California Rolls.

2) I have limited likes in my sushi. The eel was OK. The BBQ Chicken was AWESOME! You'd be surprised at all the different types. MANY without raw fish or fish at all.

3) Some of the fishy taste, I have found, comes from the Nori which is made of seaweed. Apparently, there is a kind that is not made out of seaweed, but I have yet to find any. (If any of you see it, snag me some pu-lease! I will repay you)

5 comments:

  1. Chicken sushi? Hope it wasn't raw chicken. It sounds good though...the carrots sound really healthy. I've been such a pig this weekend...cookie dough...pizza...tacos...chocolate truffles...oink oink. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No not raw chicken, bleck! it was cooked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put everyone's name in a hat and had on of my youn'ins draw names
    Winner's are
    original painting: Kansasrose!
    Prints:
    Flassie's fil'a
    The feathered nest
    Kim @Midwest Musings
    Diane@Rosa & Josie's
    CJ@Sunshine & Shadows
    Velvet Brick
    See You There.
    Y'all email me your addresses and have a great week-end

    ReplyDelete
  4. Burning the candle at both ends? Come on, you know I wouldn't be whom I am without doing that.lol Yea, I do need to take some serious down time soon. I try to keep myself busy that way I won't dwell on the time I have left with JB.He is on red alert, so he has his bags packed and is waiting on the call. You know, I have never tried sushi. The kids love it, the only way I want my fish is deep golden fried and my chicken, the same way.lol Hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday. Is she coming there for Christmas or are you going up there? Hope you and yours have a blessed day.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. just coming over to say hi! Hope all is well with you xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from you!