Midwest Musings

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Harlingen, Texas

So, we had fun in Harlingen TX visiting my mom and stepdad. Went out to dinner, played cards, met their friends and went to Mexico. Took photos of a few of the many murals in Harlingen. We couldn't find them all, nor did we take the time as we decided to go to Mexico on Sunday.

In Mexico we ate at Arturo's and did some shopping. It was a wild experience for me. Crowded, colorful, and sad in some respects as there are many people begging in the streets. I loved it as I am like a kid. There was so much visual stimulation for me. I could have sat and looked and taken pictures all day.

Saturday we had gone to South Padre Island. We had a few beers and pizza at a micro brewery. It was gloomy and windy AND chilly!!

My friend Mich has given me an award.

I am very honored as Mich's journal is one that is very profound and has quite a bit of impact on my life. Laura Stamps, a published author, also has honored me with this award.

All of you who are listed on my sidebar deserve this award too, because you all make my day!

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from you!