Midwest Musings

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Race for the Cure

Today was a great day. My husband and I walked a 5K for Austin's Race for the Cure. My Grandmother (now passed), Mother, Best Friend, along with 2 other friends, all have survived breast cancer.

When a congressman was speaking before the race on a bill that has yet to pass, my husband looked at me and said "Why would they NOT pass a bill on something like this? It's a no brainer."

Couldn't answer that one.


4 comments:

  1. Yay for you, for participating in such an important event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you and your husband for participating! My mother, maternal great-aunt, and 2 maternal cousins have all survived breast cancer too.

    I have to agree... What is with the no-brainer bills not being passed? I don't think anyone can answer that one. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful thing for you both to do..
    I hope the weather was good and the walk enjoyable.
    what a great way to spend time with your sweetie.
    Why haven't they?
    most likely because there's no money in it for them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you!

    That's a wonderful cause to walk for.

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from you!