Midwest Musings

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Samhain

Our Samhain ritual was Friday night. We had an awesome turnout! Several new members of our secondary group (our primary group is closed to new members-just squeaked by-unless invited).

We had an outdoor ritual with 5 High Priestesses, one at each point of the star. A beautiful cool, crisp clear night.

Each of us went through one at a time, reading a paragraph to ourselves about honoring those who are on the other side. Ancestors, loved ones, etc.

At each point we were spoken to by the High Priestess, posing a question. We had the option of saying our answer out loud or to ourselves. Befeathered's familiars ran around our feet.

I brought the picture below. This is my paternal Grandmother and Grandfather. Though close to both of my grandmothers, I was one of 5 grandchildren for them, 1 of 13 for the other. I was able to spend a lot of quality time with Grandma Ethel. We grew very close into my adulthood.

So, I was here to honor them and her. My teacher of simple things. Gardening, canning, crochet and sewing. As I got the the third point I was tearing up. Astreil said "They watch over you. They are not really gone." As I got to Dolphin, I was crying. She hugged me tight, I spoke of my need and meditated. When I opened my eyes she said, "I have a message for you. This has never happened to me before and it has come through so clearly. May I give you the message?"

As, I nodded my head and said, "Please.." She said, "I'm supposed to tell you that you can't carry the weight of the world on your shoulders."

I know, but it is so hard not to......



Miss you much, Gramma.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Your grandmother is very definitely watching over you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely ritual and message. That is something to ponder, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe our ancestors watch over us. Sometimes they do find a way to send a message to us even if it is only in the way of a happy memory. I hope you had a wonderful Samhain nigh. Blessings to you my blogger friend. May the new year be a delightful one

    ReplyDelete
  4. (((Kim))) I know how you are feeling, my friend, Samhain was so difficult for me, missing my mom so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a profound experience for you. How wonderful that you participated and were able to receive this gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful Samhain and isn't that amazing you were visited like that with such a special message? Thank you so much for sharing your Samhain post and message with us. I hope you are able to let go of some of your troubles (and others) soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ((((((((((((((((((((Kim))))))))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow...gave me chills.

    What a beautiful way to spend Samhain.

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from you!