Midwest Musings

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Some people live closely guarded lives, fearful of encountering someone or something that might shatter their insecure spiritual foundation. This attitude, however, is not the fault of religion but of their own limited understanding. True Dharma leads in exactly the opposite direction. It enables one to integrate all the many diverse experiences of life into a meaningful and coherent whole, thereby banishing fear and insecurity completely.

-Lama Thubten Yeshe, "Wisdom Energy"
Copyright Wisdom Publications 2001. Reprinted from "Daily Wisdom: 365 Buddhist Inspirations," edited by Josh Bartok, with permission of Wisdom Publications, 199 Elm St., Somerville MA 02144 U.S.A, www.wisdompubs.org.

3 comments:

  1. Wanted to check in on you and see how you were doing. Take care and have a blessed evening.
    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I'm somewhere between insecure and coherent LOL.
    I do hang onto the "no fear" philosophy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the teachings. I found this helpful today.

    Thanks also for the kind comments. It's so nice to have new friends and contacts!

    Blessed Be!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from you!