F*CK! F*CK! F*CK! Results back from my blood workup. Cholesterol WAY too high. "Cardiac Risk" THAT'S a scary fucking phrase. Not goo since it runs in my family.
*sigh* Now I have to make a doctors appointment. I'm sure I'll have to go back on cholesterol medicine which I HATED. Diet, exercise, YES, YES, YES, I'll have to start. Good thing I found my TaeBo tapes. (Maybe this will be a good excuse to buy the Zumba Tapes). Plus, this all started a mild panic attack. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
I urge you to try raw food. Many people heal on this lifestyle. Google "raw food" and read everything!
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by :)
I'm sorry you _need_ to say it, but I'm so happy to see someone actually saying FUCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK, in Blog Land! >,-)
ReplyDeleteNow, back to the matter at hand... Why is your cholesterol up in scary range? Think. Did you realize that you're eating in such a way, as to do this? Honest and true?
This is a big first step. Stop and look and think and see. Could it be as simple as cutting out fast foods?
Exercise and eating more healthy is always a good thing, naturally. To do this, is always good for everyone.
But if you aren't living at McDonald's or scarfing down rich sauces and lots of fried food... And your numbers are still bad... And you must have had bad experience with some cholesterol lowering meds before, for you to hate them... There are a lot of them and you can find the one that you can live with. {2 pharmacists in my family}
I hope you calm down, and take a long hard look at your eating habits. And of course, make a doc appointment. That goes without saying. Sorry you don't have a doc whom you don't mind one bit, going to see. They are out there and they can be found too, you know. :-) I have one!
And as to the suggestion of "raw food"... Yes some can handle it. But some can't. Some people's guts will rebel, and they will be very, very unhappy on too much raw food.
Miss Mari-Nanci
Sorry to hear the bad news. DH's was way high to ad they put him on meds. It needs checking again since he came off the road. I am sure it is down. Good luck. Love Hugs and Blessings
ReplyDeleteuh-oh
ReplyDeleteThe big Cozmic finger on the old smote button.
Wake up calls , gosh i hate em.
Guess there will be no more bacon double cheeseburgers for you!
(hug)
Crap, sorry about that. But at least you didn't have a massive heart attack or something before finding this out so you can do some preventative measures. And I know diet can help but it's not everything in some cases. Good luck with some healthier living. :)
ReplyDeleteOh no! I'm so sorry to hear this, that is frightening. My husband's cholesterol from eating at work started to go high so I started making more food for him and I think that helped. Have you cut down on dairy? Oatmeal is good and making your own dressings with good olive oil helps.
ReplyDeleteI hope you're OK and can breathe again.
(((Kim)))), as scary as it is I am sure that you'll gain control over the cholesterol and be fine. Sometimes we need a wake-up call, I know I'm seriously in need of one myself. I'll join you in your quest toward better health, ok?
ReplyDeleteooh high cholesterol.. I had that a few years back and got it down with diet and exercise.. you can do it!!!!!
ReplyDeletejust coming by before the hibernating bear needs to go back to the warm snuggly pink chair.. off to the Gypsy Caravan for the weekend xoxo