Midwest Musings

Monday, August 25, 2008

From my friend Autumn

Two wolves.

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.He said, 'My son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all.One is Evil. - It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other is Good. - It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.' The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: 'Which wolf wins?'The old Cherokee simply replied,
"The one you feed"

5 comments:

  1. LOVE it! I've read that story before and had it posted near my desk for a long time, really need to print it out again. thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Nurture the goodness, feed the light, ignore the dark. Words to live by!

    I love the sound of a solstice swap. You are referring to the winter solstice, right?! LOL. I wanted to do one for Halloween but will be out of town so this is perfect Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you enjoyed the story and I don't mind at all that you posted it. I actually "stole" it from somewhere else *giggle*
    I had read the story a long time ago, but hadn't thought about it in awhile, so when I saw it I thought it would make a good post and it did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard it before, but dislike the 'wolves' part. The 'bad wolf' part. -sigh-

    Wishing you a happy 'Tasha Tudor Remembrance Day In Blog Land', today Aug. 28th.

    Miss Mari-Nanci
    Smilnsigh blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved that story. Too bad that too many people actually feed the evil. But there are some you only feed the good wolf. Hope you and yours have a blessed day

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from you!