Midwest Musings

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I was tagged by Confessions of a Pagan Soccer Mom to join the Pink Sisterhood. It is very important that women who cannot afford mammograms still get them.

I am at a very high risk for Breast Cancer. My mother is a survivor and my grandmother was. I have had 7 benign tumors removed. My best friend was diagnosed this year. Her doctor told her she didn't need a mammogram because she had no risk factors. She insisted because her insurance paid for one a year. It's a good thing she insisted.

I have had two other friends diagnosed with no risk factors. All 3 were in their 40's.

Let’s help save lives, by visiting The Breast Cancer Site. By simply clicking once a day, three mammograms per click will be funded for people in need. Do it because you care.



I am tagging everyone who reads my blog on a regular basis. Please, spread the word.

1 comment:

  1. Oh lord.
    Your making me so paranoid.
    I haven't been to that doctor in years.
    Not only do i tell myself i can not afford it, I complain that I have moved, and just haven't found the time to look for one.
    Hangs head.
    geez.
    okay
    I have got to get on this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from you!