Midwest Musings

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What a day

Today I took off to get plates for my car. Smooth sailing (other than the price) in and out in 20 minutes. Howver, I get home to my husband saying he is feeling "weird" and doesn't feel like he can get a deep breath. No pain, no numbness.

So, he calls the VA to make an appointment and the woman tells him to call 911. We hop in the car and head out to the VA. All the while Hubby saying if he feels different he'll let me know, etc, etc.

We get there and he gets in pretty quick intitially. Lab work. Pee test. Blood pressure is a bit elevated. By the time the tech is finished with all the paperwork it has come down.

Then we wait.............................

2 hours later we get in to see the doctor. Thank heavens nothing is wrong, like a heart attack. Pretty darn healthy. However, seems to be a case of anxiety.

So he goes back tomorrow for a chest x-ray and an EKG to be safe, a thorough checkup and hopefully something to quit smoking! *relief*

5 comments:

  1. What a challenging day. I'm glad your husband was able to get the help he needed. That certainly must have been a very frightening time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the ridiculous waits when there's something wrong with him!

    Thank goodness he's ok and it wasn't anything too serious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hospitals have to be the most frustrating places on earth. And I should know...I'm an RN! LOL

    I'm so glad everything was essentially okay.

    ::big sigh of relief::

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arg! Something happened to some of Boo's comments!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ( oh!
    so glad it was a big old nothing!
    but anxiety?
    sigh
    (((HUG)))
    for Kims sweetie...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from you!