Midwest Musings

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Bucket List

I have always had a bucket list. Waaaaay before the movie came out. I had one in high school and I graduated 30 years (gasp) ago. (Our vacation was to our reunion but that will be another post).

Anyway, 2 of the things on my list have been: 1) Make a quilt and 2) Read the Bible. I have never accomplished either. I took a quilting class with one of my BFF's but never even completed the wall hanging I started in that class. I also have 2 "Read the Bible in a Year" books and was never able to get past Genesis.

I am not a very religious person. When I do go to church I attend a Unitarian Church. Or the old country churches I grew up attending when I was a kid-when I am at home. I am more of a spiritual person. However, I feel it is important to be well rounded, especially when it comes to reading.

I finally found THE quilt I want to make. It is the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt. It has all the colors I adore and it is a Block of the Month Club. I ordered it and have received the book and my first packet. Uh, oh.......

I am not an accomplished seamstress by ANY stretch of the imagination. Just insane. But C (BFF from high school) seems to think I can do it. And if she doesn't, she's not it saying out loud.

As my Grandmother Ethel was a farmer's wife, I have decided to attempt, in conjunction with making the quilt, to read her copy of The Living Bible (Paraphrased) by Tyndale, copyright 1971.

I plan on documenting this in a Julie Powell fashion.


1 comment:

Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from you!