was a great day. After the storm, my luv and I went to the Arts & Crafts Show in town. Quite a few artists with some nice stuff with a few crafters thrown in. We gathered business cards of the ones we like to save our pennies for future artwork. Hopefully before they get too famous and then we REALLY won't be able to afford them. Tons of Harley Riders today too.
One of my friends sent me an e-mail saying she and her daughters washed their hair in the rain (with environmentally safe soap) and rinsed off in the gulley fully clothed! I was so enchanted and envious! How I wished I was with them to enjoy the fun. It brought back memories of all the baths I took in the lake gorwing up.
I finished recovering the scrapbook I made for a friend today. I hope she is pleased. I still need to get pages together for the reception and I have some great fabric scraps to start either an altered journal or my BoS.
My muse is beginning to peak in at me. I need to see if I still have a sketch pad floating around here. I have an idea of a sketch I want to do using a self portrait my DD took of herself. As she reads my blogs, this is all I can say!
The current issue of Faeries Magazine is awesome. I may have to keep this one for myself and get another copy for DD. I should get one for miss*R, too as there is an article on Cornwall.
Been doing some research on Ancestry.com. Found a little info on Ezra, the great of mine that served in the Revolutionary War. This enabled me to become a member fo the Daughters of the American Revolution. Found some info on hubby's family, but will need to due some deep digging and document ordering as the last name is very common. I have my lineage on my poppa's side back to the 1600's. momma has hers somewhere and there is a European plaid involved. I bet I could really make a statement the the family plaid and hubby's plaid!!
I have a book of Shadows that is also my soul journal and I can finally say, I am happy with it and I love it - cause it is me!!
ReplyDeleteooh and Harley riders - take some pics next time!
Don't youjust love going to the shows and seeing everything and making a wish list? I know that I do. Read where you are a member of the D.A.R. It's so weird for I'm a member too. Plus, I am a Eastern Star member too.
ReplyDeleteHave a good one.
Laura
I knew it!!! See, we do have alot of things in common. hahaha
ReplyDeleteLaura