I've never talked about it here. This is my cousin's son. My cousin is a year older than I am. His son would have been 25, just three years older than my daughter.
No one need comment. I'm not looking for sympathy or comments. It has been over two years ago. It was hislast tour and he knew something was not....right.
I was watching Bill Maher and they had a man from CNN on talking about the war. And how only 6% of the population really even think about it. That was disturbing.
Most have forgotten.
Please don't.
Name: Eric A. Fifer, 22
Rank/Branch: Sgt., Army
Unit: 82nd Airborne Division
Hometown: Knoxville
Died: Oct. 7, 2005, Haqlaniyah, in a shootout while on foot patrol
so young. I don't understand war.. I just don't.
ReplyDeleteOh sweet Kim...I am so sorry for your loss of this young man to this war. His passing was not in vain. WE and our country will not forget his service and sacrifice. You and your family have my sympathy and love. (((( hugs))))
ReplyDeleteThis war is so sad and sensless. My heart goes out to your family
ReplyDelete