Earlier in the week it was anticipated that the "eye" was due to hit Austin. As of today, hopefully, only 40-50 mile per hour winds. Our smallish city (41,000) is home to some "refugees" from Houston/Galveston/and where ever.
Sad note. I called the police department today to see where we would go in case of a tornado. "Please call back tomorrow, we'll have more info". I'm pretty sure the high school is one place and I'm sure the Fire Department would let us in.......
I hope you stay safe and dry, Kim. Sending you good thoughts.
ReplyDeleteKim, Just wanted to check on you. Hopefully ya'll won't experience any bad weather.
ReplyDeleteLove ya
Laura
Kim ... wraping you and yours in a rainbow of safety.
ReplyDeletemich
x.
I'm glad the eye of Ike didn't hit your area. I can't believe there is no tornado shelter close by where you live! Sometimes you have only a few minutes to get to shelter in a twister. ( especially in the middle of the night) From one who knows. :O Take care hon.
ReplyDelete