Midwest Musings

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...

You Are a Bette!

mm.bette_.jpg


You are a Bette -- "I must be strong"


Bettes are direct, self-reliant, self-confident, and protective.



How to Get Along with Me

  • * Stand up for yourself... and me.

  • * Be confident, strong, and direct.

  • * Don't gossip about me or betray my trust.

  • * Be vulnerable and share your feelings. See and acknowledge my tender, vulnerable side.

  • * Give me space to be alone.

  • * Acknowledge the contributions I make, but don't flatter me.

  • * I often speak in an assertive way. Don't automatically assume it's a personal attack.

  • * When I scream, curse, and stomp around, try to remember that's just the way I am.




What I Like About Being a Bette

  • * being independent and self-reliant

  • * being able to take charge and meet challenges head on

  • * being courageous, straightforward, and honest

  • * getting all the enjoyment I can out of life

  • * supporting, empowering, and protecting those close to me

  • * upholding just causes




What's Hard About Being a Bette

  • * overwhelming people with my bluntness; scaring them away when I don't intend to

  • * being restless and impatient with others' incompetence

  • * sticking my neck out for people and receiving no appreciation for it

  • * never forgetting injuries or injustices

  • * putting too much pressure on myself

  • * getting high blood pressure when people don't obey the rules or when things don't go right




Bettes as Children Often

  • * are independent; have an inner strength and a fighting spirit

  • * are sometimes loners

  • * seize control so they won't be controlled

  • * figure out others' weaknesses

  • * attack verbally or physically when provoked

  • * take charge in the family because they perceive themselves as the strongest, or grow up in difficult or abusive surroundings




Bettes as Parents

  • * are often loyal, caring, involved, and devoted

  • * are sometimes overprotective

  • * can be demanding, controlling, and rigid



Take Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz
at HelloQuizzy

7 comments:

  1. wishing you a wonderful Christmas dear Kim xo - hmm Bette. .. do you have Bette Davis eyes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting! I am a Marilyn. :-)

    Brightest Holiday Blessings to you and Yours. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey auntie Kim!

    Hope you had a fun Christmas with your family! Did you get anything special for xmas??? I got a sewing machine from mom! Now I can make 5-7 birds per hour instead of only one! hehe love ya!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a fun and insightful little quiz. Turns out I'm a Katharine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I'd be a Bette since she is an Aries chick like me but turns out i'm a marilyn. oy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. got a big bazoom like she did tho.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanna live in texas! it's so damn cold here in Ks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from you!