So, a heated discussion ensued on our Circle Yahoo Groups page. The Circle decided to have topics of discussion during our potluck. We'd have a different topic each month and a lead to keep the discussion track.
We have our Ritual first, then our potluck/gathering time.
Someone generously offered to speak to our group about ethical eating and sustainability. Boy, did that ever open a can of worms!
Now, I know how I feel. I feel that sustainability/ethical eating has a lot to do with being Pagan. But I now pose the subject to you all, my Pagan/Witchy friends.
Do you feel this is an appropriate topic of discussion and has relevance to Pagan religion?
Sure I think it certainly has a lot to do with Paganism. Being at one with the Earth involves being good to her; isn't that at the heart of sustainability and ethical eating?
ReplyDelete~HUNH?~
ReplyDeletelooks confused
and scratches head...
what??
sustainability and ethical eating??
????
Of course it is, don't you think? At least to me it makes a whole lot of sense. If, like me, you believe that it is Pagan to respect and appropriately honor all life then this topic has to be discussed.
ReplyDeleteI was actually writing a post when your feed came up, it has to do with being vegetarian or vegan and Paganism. I'll go back and finish it, so you can see what I'm talking about.
The subject could be a thoughtful discussion topic, but I'm with Sorrow about the dichotomy inherent in the very concept. The conversation would certainly be lively. I do not think my eating meat consigns me to one Dante's circles of hell nor does it impact my spirituality. It's a tad worrisome folks may judge one's spirituality based on dietary preferences which actually negates the whole pagan concept of acceptance. My prayers and devotions have the same love and good intent whether I'm eating a chicken sandwich or a fresh green salad. I don't think the Goddess is going to kick me out because I'm not a vegan or vegetarian or whatever.
ReplyDeleteI agree very much with Jupiter. :)
ReplyDelete)O(
boo