I always adored Vincent Price and Doris Day movies. I'm not a fan of musicals. I love really, really bad B-horror movies. One of the perks of working at a book store part time is, beside an opposite of the dry day job of a gig with an insurance company (I do love it, but no vintage!), I get deals.
This past week I purchased some great movies. "Don't Bother to Knock" is an awesome Marilyn Monroe movie. It's a thriller from 1952 with Marilyn, Richard Widmark, and Anne Bancroft to name a few. It's one of my favorite Marilyn movies along with "Niagra", "How to Marry a Millionaire", and her roll in "All About Eve".
I also scored "Tingler" with Vincent Price, both versions of "Imitation of Life" (Claudette Colbert edition and Lana Turner edition) and another double movie pack with "Portrait in Black" and "Madame X".
In addition I was able to record:
Now I just need to find it on DVD!


Hi, there! Thanks for commenting. I've never seen "Don't Bother to Knock", but "Niagra" has been in my Netflix instant queue for a little while. I know I want to see that Jane Russell movie. I really love her even though I've only seen her in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and The Outlaw.
ReplyDeleteWonderful vintage movie haul! This is one of my very favourite Marilyn films as well (Niagara is another of mine as well).
ReplyDeleteHave an awesome Monday & week ahead,
♥ Jessica