In October of 2012 I was blessed to take a vacation to Hawaii with a close friend of mine. She suggested I take a day tour of Pearl Harbor on the island of Oahu since I am such a history buff.
The photo above is one I took while visiting the USS Arizona in Oahu. Legend has it that many who take photos of the oil that continues to leak will see faces of those who died tragically in the attack on Pearl Harbor.
Our tour guide also said that according to legend the oil will continue to leak until all who survived are returned.
Please remember those men and women who have served in all wars, all military units, in peacetime and wartime, those who returned, those who did not.
What a hauntingly sad legend - I can easily imagine why it came to be. So many died in such an incredibly short time frame that tragic day, it's no wonder some felt they could see the faces of the departed in the water.
ReplyDelete♥ Jessica