Midwest Musings

Monday, November 12, 2007

Christmas Meme

1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog-NO alcohol, I like mine nekked!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Both, when I was little. Now all of them.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored!!! I am old fashioned. No themes on the primary tree please!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? I never have but my Aunt does.

5. When do you put up your decorations? AFTER Thanskgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Mmmmm, my aunt's Salad with veggies and peas, mom's oyster dressing, Aunt P's green bean casserole

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Getting our family picture taken on the steps of my aunts house.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? 8 from one of my uncles. HE LIES!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Depends on who's house I am at.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Every stinkin' ornament!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

12. Can you ice skate? Yes but I haven't in ages

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Age 8, my Mrs. Beasley doll

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumpkin Pie and Aunt S's cookies

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Watching It's a Wonderful Life. When I was little going caroling.

17. What tops your tree? Usually an angel that was my grandma, it was made inthe Philipenes

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? BOTH

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Hark the Hareld Angels

20. Candy Canes? On the tree

21. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized? YES

22. Real tree or artificial? I prefer real, but can't bring myself to do that anymore.

23. Do you put lights up on the outside of your house? I did one year and it looked awesome, but I got grief about it.

24. Do you do a Christmas Dinner or Supper and who cooks? Supper, always at Aunt S's

25. Is your family the everyone unwraps gifts at once sort or do you do it one gift at a time as the others watch? All at once!

26. Do your pets share in the festivities? But of course, they are family!

2 comments:

  1. That's a fun meme! I love that you celebrate with your pets, I would too if I had any.

    Nope, hubby's gone another month, ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up with your posts .... pleased your Chloe is better now ... Christmas is fast approaching, a little too fast. Smiles *!*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from you!