Midwest Musings

Friday, November 2, 2007

What a day!

The past 12 hours have not been the best. Fell asleep on the couch, as usual. Woke up at 1 am with DH saying that Chloe has been up chucking. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad gas and diahrrea to boot. So I made a 2:30 am trip to Walgreens for some popsicles, Gaterade and Pepto Bismal. Gave her a PB tablet. After about a 1/2 how it started to help. Still yacking and dry heaving. Must more graphic but I will spare you the details.

So I was up from 1-4:3o am. DH up off and on. We all finally got to sleep around 4:3o only to have the alarm go off at 6 am. Thanks heavens I had a 1/2 day. Stopped at a vet's office my frined takes her puppers to and made an appointment. Probably just a case of the stomach flu. Got some meds for her, new dog food and doggie "good bacteria" to get her on the straight and narrow.

Weight loss food, new kind, she can eat more actually and lose weight. YAY for her!Ends up she has bateria andyeast in her ears so they treated that and cleaned 'em out REAL good and she back next Friday for follow up on her ears.

We ALL are tired, she stinks, like most do when they have been sick. Resting comfortably now and she has perked up quite a bit.

Like I said what a day!

ps: 2 new books for my birthday!! Treat to myself: Amy Karol's Bend the Rules Sewing and The APron Book, by EllynAnne Geisel.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I hope all is well soon at your house and you also get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, sick doggies are no fun! I am so sorry you are dealing with that. Here's hoping it is all better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from you!