My friend AfricanKelli posted this and I thought it was amazing:
The Four Agreements
By Don Miguel Ruiz and Don Jose Ruiz
1. Be impeccable with your word: speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the truth and love.
2. Don’t take anything personally: nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dreams. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
3. Don’t make assumptions: Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
4. Always do your best: your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are tired as opposed to well-rested. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.
Some things to think about, huh?
Anyway, I have been away for a couple of reasons. Boredom, depression, but mostly because I was sick. Very sick. The first week end in February. I had a 102.7 fever, coughing and runny nose. General misery. Was able to get into the doctor on that Monday and she kept me home from work until Wednesday.
I am now able to get through most of the day without coughing much.
The other is mostly because, it seems once we start to get ahead and see a pinprick of light, somethinh happens to put us a few steps behind. This too shall pass.
Please note though, I have been keeping up with you all! Thank heavens for google readr!!
Glad to hear that you are better. Yeah, I have got my belly pierced. I got it done when I got my divorce about 6 years ago. Telling ya, I'm a wild one.lol Hope you and yours have a blessed Valentines Day.
ReplyDeleteLaura
Sorry you've been so sick..I miss you too! You know I love ya girl. Hey...we had a new baby girl calf born tonight and named her Pearl. She is so dang adorable! I'm posting pics of her tomorrow. Happy Valentines hon! xo
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry that you have been sick. I know what you mean about depression and about never catching up. We were good in November-December and now it looks bleak again. There's always something.
ReplyDeleteJulie
((Kim)), so glad you're back and feeling better!!
ReplyDeleteLove the Four Agreements, an excellent reminder of how to live daily.
Glad you are feeling better. I like the four agreements you posted. Something to ponder.
ReplyDeleteHi darling,just passing threw,got to talk to my Marine yesterday.An trying to get things sorted gor the garden and have had some really GREAT WEEKS latley.How are things y'alls way?xxoo
ReplyDeleteLoved the something to think about.
Hon..I know all about that damn black dog visiting. (depression) if ya need an ear I'm hear 24/7 for YOU! I can call you on my dime...email me your number if ya ever want to vent or just chat up. Love you, Jen
ReplyDeleteI hope you are continueing to take care of yourself, that nasty bug seems to go....
ReplyDeleteand then come back again!
Lots of tea and rest!!!
Interesting ideas here. Hope you are feeling better. I'm enjoying the faery magazine!
ReplyDelete