Midwest Musings

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

So, today after work I went to our towns Farmers Market. It was nice. I got a vegan brownie to try (will let ya know), some awesome salad greens from a local farmer, organic and fresh picked. Somehome made cranberry, pistachio granola and homemade tamales.

Hubby took me out to dinner. Tomorrow will be 1 month away from our first wedding anniversary. I couldn't be happier. June 14th. Flag Day.

I am reading the most awesome book. From Me to We. It's about giving more of yourself to those in need. And if you don't know what or how, a good place to start is here: http://www.africankelli.com/2008/04/23/the-peace-t-shirt-project/

5 comments:

  1. So....have ya'll made plans for your anniversary? I love those shirts. I'm gonna have to go and check out your friends site and get more info. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.
    Love ya
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy you going to the market! Wish I could go to one of those now that fresh produce is finally showing up. By vegetarian brownie I am thinking you mean vegan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have some farms nearby that set up road side stands..it's the only place I go in summer for fresh veggies!
    PAZ
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat site.. and thanks for the T shirt site link too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I love tamales! And the other goodies from the market sound good too. Happy almost anniversary. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from you!