Midwest Musings

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Miss Subway New York

Bunny over at Bunny's Victory is hosting a give away for this delightful book:  Meet Miss Subways.


Can you imagine having your photo all over New York subways? I wonder if they had issues with people bothering them. I fear that would be an issue today! I'm not sure I would have been brave enough, lol! Too bad this ended in 1976. We visited NYC in 1978 or so and I probably would have been enamored with these signs!


This is a fascinating piece of history. Please visit Bunny and read more about the book and giveaway!

1 comment:

  1. Good point - I suspect that this would have turned these lovely ladies into local celebrities mighty quickly. I'm sure they all had many admirers, but hopefully no obsessive fans. I completely agree, it's a shame that the Miss Subway campaign ceased in '76. Perhaps all of the recent renewed interested in it will help bring it back again.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from you!