My friend Mich posted this:
In The Spirit of Findhorn, Eileen Caddy wrote:
"The key to your happiness and contentment lies within you, within your own heart and mind.
The way you start each day is very important; you can start off on the right foot or on the wrong one.
You can wake up with a song of joy and gratitude in your heart for the new day, for being alive, for the very wonder of living, and for being in tune and harmony with the rhythm of all life. You can expect the very best from the coming day and therefore draw it to you.
Or you can start the day with a chip on your shoulder, disgruntled and out of rhythm.
You are responsible for what today will bring, and knowing it gives you an even greater responsibility than those souls who are not aware of it and therefore know no better. You cannot blame your state of mind on anyone else. It all rests with you."
It rings so true to me right now. I need to take this more to heart and I am going to.
Blogging makes me feel good and reading my friends blogs makes me feel good too. I have many friends who are taking a hiatus from blogging and sometimes I don't blame them. People can be cruel, hurtful, and sneaky in the blogger world. For the most part I have been unscathed by this.
I am going to try and blog more. It's a release. It's a learning experience. I have met great people online and my world is better for it.
I am going to wake up each day happy. Because you know what? Deep down I am! No more "Woe is me". This is my life and I am going to take control of it. These are my feelings and I am going to take control of them.
I've always known my happiness is in my control, but I have not always taken it to heart. NO MORE!
Wonderful post! Definite words to ponder.
ReplyDeleteI have been lucky too. No one has been mean or rude to me. I can't imagine that someone would be cruel enough to do that. They must have too much time on their hands.
ReplyDeleteJulie
Blogger has been good to me...It has renewed my faith in people.....but no matter how others are,we need to be kind to ourselves.Right On!
ReplyDeleteI'll always be a reader and friend hon. xxxooo
ReplyDeleteWonderful post! Many people think happy people are born that way. Not so. Happiness is something you do "on purpose." It's a choice. It means you have decided to be a a proactive peson rather than a reactive person. And it is harder work many times than being cranky and glum. Maybe that is why so many people in our society are negative? Who knows. I found this out a long time ago, and wake up every morning happy on purpose. It takes work sometimes, but is sooooo worth it in the long run.
ReplyDeleteMany faery blessings to you!
I am happy - most times... I can make myself happy in an instant.. by being silly.. BUT on the same hand.. I can be plunged into 'the depths of despair by blogging' I don't know why it happens.
ReplyDeleteI have noticed alot of this 'silliness' on blogging... it is just awful.. maybe the bloggers don't know they are doing it or maybe it makes them be able to behave in a way they can't in society.
I love the words that you posted.. I am going to take them and stick them into my journal to be read everyday xoxo
ps - I love mundane xo
ReplyDeleteJust had to come back and reread this babe...need it today. I love ya so much sweetie. Be good in the Lone Star State...xxxooo
ReplyDelete