Our "pond" near our apartment held wonders today. As I walked Chloe early this morning I saw a huge Blue Heron take flight. Almost as if in slow motion, graceful.
This afternoon a frog skipped about 3-4 times across the water then took a dive in the, I'm sure, cool water.
I used to take walks with my dog along the English Coulee in Grand Forks. I would bring my camera along to snap nature pictures. The day a great blue heron rose up out of the waer startled me so much I didn't even get a chance to snap a photo. What a moment!
ReplyDeleteJulie
We have a local park here with a large lake. I love to walk the paths and enjoy the wildlife. I've seen herons a few times. They are awesome birds
ReplyDeleteI love frogs, they are becoming quite rare near where I live.. I think it is time, I put in a pond of sorts..
ReplyDelete