These two passages made me think of my friend Laura Stamps. She and I follow a similar path and each day I find the more similarities. I get automated e-mails from Beliefnet.com, daily Om and Hindu and Buddhist messages.
Enough of the pursuit of pleasure,
Enough of wealth and righteous deeds!
In the dark forest of the world
What peace of mind can they bring you?
-Ashtavakra Gita 10:7
From "The Heart of Awareness: A Translation of the Ashtavakra Gita," by Thomas Byrom, 1990. Reprinted by arrangement with Shambhala Publications, Inc., Boston. www.shambhala.com.
and
Seeing ourselves plainly, we can change, and as we do so, it brings a feeling of great relief, as if we had dropped a heavy load.
-Ayya Khema, "Who is My Self?"
Copyright Wisdom Publications 2001. Reprinted from "Daily Wisdom: 365 Buddhist Inspirations," edited by Josh Bartok, with permission of Wisdom Publications, 199 Elm St., Somerville MA 02144 U.S.A, www.wisdompubs.org.
Blessed Be, Namaste, and Peace Be with You
Hi, Kim! Wow, I'm so honored you would think of me in relation to these wonderful quotes!! I was just at Mother Wintermoon's blog, and she posted about miracles and how we miss the everyday ones. It reminded me of how miracles and simplicity are related. And how many many miraculous realms there are in the simplicity and sacredness of Nature.
ReplyDeleteSpoken like a true Faery Witch, yes?! Much love to you, and be sure to stop by my Occult Fiction blog. I wrote a new post yesterday about the importance of loving yourself.
Blessed be and xoxoxoxoxo