I joined a book club so to speak here in town. So far we have been bringing poetry. It's at Formosa Art Tea house and it's a lovely place. Riva is an artist and she runs her own tea house. She serves traditional Kung Fu tea as well as many other yummy blends.
It's a great group and growing. It's so nice to have a wide variety of people there. Youngsters, teachers, singers.
It's so nice to have a place to get away and talk. Traditional Chinese music in the background and people to discuss things with.
Please send healing light and prayers (or whatever your spiritual path tends to do) to my friend KansasRose as her mother is having some health issues. Though we have never met face to face she has been with me through thick and thin for over 5 years. THAT is a friend!
Your book group sounds like an interesting mix. Hope things go well for your friend's mum. *!*
ReplyDeleteYour reading group sounds like a wonderful way to enjoy books--and I love poetry.
ReplyDeleteI shall keep your friend and her mother in my thoughts and prayers.
I'm leaving in the morning for our family clan gathering in Florida and won't be online again until Nov. 27. I hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving.
Watch your mailbox...the postal faeries finally have something for you. Blessings to you and your friend.
ReplyDeletexx
That's so funny, I just wrote about books too! Guess there's something in the air for literature. I love the sound of that group, something like that may fill a hole in my heart.
ReplyDeleteI wonder what kung fu tea is? My husband is a Northern Shaolin kung fu instructor and would be so curious, is it jasmine tea? That's what his school normally has.