My parents are here (happy), but they are leaving tomorrow to go back to Indiana (sad). But we are having fun in the meantime.
Yesterday we ad lunch at Kerbey's in Austin with my cousin, her hubby and their two year old. Great food. I had a grilled cheeseon sourdough with lettuce tomatoe and chipolte mayo. Homemade tater chips. YUM. Split a microbrew with my stepdad and mom. Mega dark and it had a hint of molasses. Or has cousin's hubby says " Moles Asses"
Then we made our way to Round Rock to see what was in the Histroric District. Sadly, not a lot like other places I am used to but we did happen upon Keria Teas. I am on their mailing list so it was fun to see the shop in person. We had scones with clotted cream and tea. Even my step dad. Made a few purchases.
Head to THE round rock which was part of the Chisholm Trail. You can see wagon wheel marks in the creek if you look closely.
Bookstore for Texas books and the movie Pan's Labyrinth. Grocery for food and wine and hubby grilled for was all.
Today we are off the the Lady Bird Johnson wildflower center at the university for lunch a tons of pretties blooming.
Pizza tonight as they leave early tomorrow.
I love how so much of your experience with your family involved food! Chipotle mayo, yummy. I have to try making that now that I have finally found canned chipotles. I'm glad you had such a fulfilling time with your family and get to see them again soon.
ReplyDeleteSounds like good good times you had with them hon! Your food sounds out of the world too! Glad you are feeling renewal. We get those box elders here in late fall. They are called "democrats" bugs cause they show up the first of Nov. around election time! ha!
ReplyDelete