Midwest Musings

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

So this week I the Farmers Market had some yummies. I bought the last of some new potatoes and 3 peppers, Texas grass fed ground beef, a roasted local chicken, sampled a different honey from a vendor (I got local honey last time), sampled some bison jerky (YUM),and entered a drawing for local foods from the market.

Since I started this I feel different. In a good way. Thank you Heather!!

I knew I forgot something:Fredricksburg Peaches!

9 comments:

  1. That sounds YUMM!
    especially the honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is just something different about eating food that is local than eating things that come from only who knows where. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TX grass fed beef sounds great to me! I fear the protein that we eat. :-(

    And of course, the fresh veggies and fruits and etc., are marvelous. But wow, do I fear the protein we get. :-(

    Miss Mari-Nanci
    Smilnsigh
    Photos-City-Mine
    When Twilight Embraces

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those local healthy foods have magickal healing properties, I just know it! I envy you. I would love to go to the market with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, yumminess! And now I really, really, really want some peaches!

    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got some local goodies! We try to go to our farmer's market at least every other week. Enjoy it while you can right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl ya got me soooo hungry now! Bison rocks. Never had the jerky though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love farmers markets! they are such fun and you feel you are helping towards the healing of Mother Earth when you buy from them... all locally produced foods help that!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, that is wonderful Kim! I bet you'll feel great with the healthy food!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I love hearing from you!